Want the best magic custard cake to bake for your son who’s an avid Custard Cake fan, you can’t go wrong here !! This creamy and delicious cake gets eaten up quikly in my house, try it and you will be amazed !! Believe me, if you love any sort of custard or flan, then you are going to be obsessed with this cake !!!!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– Eggs : 4 (whites separated from yolks), room temperature
– Vanilla extract: 1 tspn
– Sugar: ¾ cup
– Butter: 8 Tablespoons (melted)
– All purpose flour: ¾ cup
– Milk lukewarm: 2 cups
– Powdered sugar for dusting cake
1. To start the recipe off, you need to adjust the temperature of your oven to 325 F degrees and grease and Line 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish with parchment.
2. You’ll want to add the egg whites to a mixer (After separating eggs) and beat egg whites stiff. Place egg whites in a seperate bowl and put apart.
3. Make sure to beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. You can then add butter and vanilla and beat for 120 seconds. Immediately start adding the flour slowly and mix it in until fully incorporated.
4. After that, you need to add the milk, beating until everything is well mixed together.
5. Once everything is well mixed together, add the egg whites, a third at a time. Using a spatula, fold them gently in and please repeat until all egg whites are folded in.
6. Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is lightly golden. Finally, you can cool and dust heavily with powdered sugar.